Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Fort McHenry



Hey everyone! Your parks sounds amazing! I just arrived at Fort McHenry on Sunday, May 22, so I've been here for four days now. I like it a lot! Fort McHenry is surrounded by water and is so pretty! Monday, we went to Fort Mead to the gun range for all the seasonals so they could get their gun qualifications. I got to call "Fire!" all the commands for them. Being semi-in charge was fun! Yesterday, I did the PEB test again and increased both my sit-and-reach and my bench press score. My sit-and-reach at Temple a couple weeks ago was a 22 3/4 and yesterday was 23 3/4. The bench press machine was slightly different and made a dramatic difference on my score. I went from 68 lbs a couple weeks ago to 105 lbs, practically my entire body weight! I feel like super woman! hehe Today and tomorrow we are doing our Operational Leadership training. Although it is a long process, Glen Clark has made it really interactive and interesting.

The picture to the left is a picture of the daily flag change at the star fort. There was a class there all the way from Montana. It was fun interacting with everyone and hearing one of the rangers tell the history about the flag and Fort McHenry to the children. The people I work with here are so nice. I have so much more to learn and experience here at Fort McHenry and I am super excited to see what the rest of the summer has to hold!

No comments:

Post a Comment