Saturday, June 30, 2012

Hello everyone,
   Sorry about posting this so late, after two weeks away to fulfill my reserve obligations I returned to FOMC on June 16th, in the midst of Sailabration.  It was good to spend some time with my friends and colleagues, but it was even better to get back to FOMC so that I could experience a big event and get a feel for all of the little behind the scenes things that make the visitor experience a good one.  During the event I had a variety of duties, I helped at the checkpoint one day, drove the shuttlebus on another, helped out with administrative duties, and finally I helped park cars on the last day of the event. 
   Once Sailabration was over we egan the process of returning the park back to it's normal state.  One of the most important things that we did was conduct an inventory of all the EMS bags in the park so that we could replace any items used in the course of the event.  We also made sure that the tents and temporary fences that were put up all over the park were taken back down in a timely fashion so that the visitors could enjoy the park without so many things ruining the view.
I hope to have more for you all next week and look forward to hearing how things are going at the other parks.

No comments:

Post a Comment