Sunday, August 20, 2017

Let The Good Times Roll

This summer has been a lot of fun and even with everything going on a busy ProRanger finds themselves with some free time on their hands. This summer during my down days I spent some time visiting a few different kinds of parks found in New England. Only a short 10 minute walk from the Navy Yard I found the world class Lynch Family Skate Park. A local hot spot for skating and some community events I ended up spending a lot of free time skating and making some great friends at this park. Though my summer time spent at this park was short I made a lot of friends skating and got to get involved in a vibrant strong skating community right here in Boston.
The second park I visited is one I have frequented many times is the White Mountain National Forest in New Hampshire. Growing up in the state it was a welcome return to go and hike the largest peak and conquer Mount Washington in a long day hike. Though there was some cloud cover starting the day the temperatures stayed mild and the view was still amazing at the summit. Thankfully the clouds never turned into more sever weather as Mount Washington is known to have some of the quickest changing and most dangerous weather in the country.
Nearing the end this summer has been quite eventful and I have learned a lot that will stick with me moving forward to become a Park Ranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment