Monday, November 1, 2010

Skeleton Skurry 5K Run

Saturday October 30th, the Philadelphia area YMCA sponsored a 5K run. ProRanger Tim Oh and his guest joined me for the event. The weather was perfect for this well-run event. There was plenty of food, and wild costumes were worn by many of the runners.

The course went through downtown Hatboro, then through the surrounding residential areas. At the 1 mile mark there was a hill that reminded me which side of 30 I was on. Fortunately there was an equally sloped downhill section that reinvigorated me to reach the 2 mile mark. The costumed characters passing by took my mind off my aching muscles. The final 1.2 miles had its share of hills but the end was in site, and I made it across the finish line at the 27:30 mark. ProRanger Tim Oh ran the event for duration as opposed to speed and must have run over 4 miles by the time he finished. He did an incredible job and enjoyed the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment