Monday, February 15, 2016

2016 Philadelphia Flower Show Celebrates 100 years of the National Park Service

I was pretty excited to hear that the theme of the 2016 Philadelphia Flower Show would be in honor of the 100 year anniversary of the National Park Service. I thought what an excellent way to get people really involved and interested in our country's national park system and to discover the range of backgrounds that the park system holds. From historical properties to national monuments there is a little something for everyone to enjoy. 
The good news didn't end there though for myself and other fellow ProRangers. We have been given the gracious opportunity to help assist Temple University's Landscape Architecture students in this year's flower show. The students have been hard at work studying and creating an exhibit that honors Hopewell Furnace National Historical Site. I am extremely excited to see what they have put together and to support them at the flower show. Not only is this a great opportunity for myself and others, but for myself I am grateful to be apart of something that many years ago my great uncle worked at as well. He owned Valley Forge Arborist, just a couple miles outside of Valley Forge National Historical Park and he too had a booth at the Philadelphia Flower Show back in the 1960s. 
Unfortunately I do not have any photos to share just yet, but be sure to check back or come and check out the Philadelphia Flower Show yourself from Saturday, March 5 to Sunday, March 13!


No comments:

Post a Comment