Thursday, September 29, 2016

Until Next Time...

        Leaving Shenandoah was a bittersweet moment. I don’t know how much more I could have gotten out of the park because everyone provided me with such great experiences and shared knowledge that I couldn’t have asked for more. There are always new scenarios to experience within the park but I left there feeling like I had seen so much more than the average visitor would ever see even if they visited the park each year. 
I had amazing mentors down in Virginia that I’ll be contacting to ask for advice or just to catch up with for the rest of my days. I’m already planning a trip to head back down there just to catch up with some of the Rangers and to see the park in a different season. I think it’s important to visit a park that you’ve grown to love and appreciate in all of its seasons. I look forward to coming back and heading up on the drive, this time as a visitor. I’ll do my best to not scowl at those going over the speed limit, or the ones who stop in the middle of the road and leave their car doors wide open to chase down a bear for a photo. Until next time, enjoy this sunset up on Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment