Thursday, August 31, 2017

ProRanger of the Caribbean

Pirates ProRanger of the Caribbean


Week 10& closing words

  

At this point, I have officially completed my second summer internship. My summer spent interning in the Caribbean parks exposed me to; an entirely different set of natural and cultural recourses, new skills, and different NPS teams. I practiced safely operating a motorboat almost daily, observed traffic stops, eradicated marijuana plants from an illegal cultivation site on federal land, participated in scenario training, attended FEMA meetings, worked on a number of investigations, and so much more.     



I took a lot out of this summer. I was exposed to many different law enforcement related incidences over the course of my internship. I learned so much from each ranger; from the stories they told me to general knowledge that they wanted to impart upon me. Being in the field and working alongside NPS Rangers really reminded me why I am in the Temple ProRanger Program. I feel Prepared for Academy. 

The many classes I have taken for my certificate in National Park Service Management along with my summer internships and weekend training have given me a strong understanding of; the NPS, Law Enforcement, leadership, federal Lands, Federal Government, and my future career. I am more and more motivated to learn and grow my skill sets each and every day.

What is next? I am back in Philadelphia completing my senior year at Temple University as a Criminal justice major. I am continuing to improve my fitness, attend weekend training, and learn everything I can to help shape me into a proficient ranger and leader.

Helping Laura & Ashley, two marine ecologists with Coral and Parrot fish research

Some people hike trails, in the Caribbean we snorkel them! 



Please check back soon for exciting NPS related news coming up !!  

No comments:

Post a Comment