Saturday, January 18, 2020

Yosemite Bound

Greetings friends and park people! Since the last post from my summer internship at Christiansted National Historic Park in the U.S. Virgin Islands there have been some exciting developments. After applying to multiple National Parks, I have accepted a volunteer position with Yosemite National Park in California!

For the next six months, I will have the opportunity to work with the visitor and resource protection division in Yosemite assisting with emergency calls on the parks ambulance and working with the preventative search and rescue (PSAR) team. While this past summer was spent conducting marine patrols and searching for poachers, this new experience will look very different. Working in Yosemite will provide the opportunity for me to utilize my skill set as an emergency medical technician (EMT) and learn how to educate visitors and ensure their safety as part of the PSAR team. I look forward to the road ahead and the chance to spend time in such a beautiful place. Want to follow my journey while at Yosemite National Park? Check back weekly to read about my experiences and see what i'm up to!

Looking forward to sharing my experience with all of you,

ProRanger Caruso

No comments:

Post a Comment