Thursday, August 5, 2010

Being a Park Ranger - GETT


Rock Creek, Gettysburg NMP - click to enlarge

Briefly, and on a personal note: This summer has been incredible. I still can't believe that the ranger on that boulder is actually me. I always thought I'd end up working in an office somewhere, even though I've always known that sort of thing is not for me. But just this afternoon, I was helping direct traffic around a vehicle accident and a little later on I was performing a lock-out for a visitor from England who had locked his keys in his car (essentially, we broke into his car at his request. Don't worry, we made sure it was actually his.) - and before any of that, I patrolled by hiking for a couple hours through the forest.

I don't really have the words to describe how (again) incredible its been this summer, though I'll probably make an attempt later on, in a separate and more coherent post. For now: Having a great time in Gettysburg. Wish you were here.

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment