Monday, April 16, 2012

Hello ProRangers!


Hello fellow ProRangers and future colleagues! This is my first blog post and I am excited to introduce myself. My name is Rachel Smith and I have been a student at Temple University for two years. I am a Social Work major and next year will be my senior year. I was drawn to the ProRanger program because working for the National Park Service is like a dream to me. I have been lucky enough to visit some national parks, Antietam National Battlefield and Harper’s Ferry to name a few. I have always loved the outdoors, and am thrilled to work in a career that allows me to be outside.

 This summer, I will be starting my internship at Independence Hall. I am looking forward to learning about everything there is to know about working in an urban park. I am especially interested in learning about the history of Independence Hall, and working in interpretation. I have been living in Philadelphia for over three years now, and want to learn as much history as I can before I move out of the city. Law enforcement duties are another especially captivating area for me, as I will be working as a law enforcement officer in the future.

I am looking forward to seeing Philadelphia in a new light after my internship at Independence Hall. I also am eager to visit other parks where other ProRangers will be interning this summer. I will be posting frequent blogs to update all of you on my internship experience and am enthusiastic to hear about all of your experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment