Tuesday, April 17, 2012


Pro Rangers Program

Hello everyone! My name is Saran Watts and I am currently a junior at Temple University. I have been here at temple for three years now and looking forward to graduating with a BA in Criminal Justice. I am originally from Washington, DC. I extremely excited about joining cohort 3 and the amazing opportunity NPS has given me!

                I heard about the ProRanger program while in one of my criminal justice classes. Don Sweet came to do a presentation during career week. After hearing the presentation I did more research on NPS and I became hooked. NPS encompasses everything I want in a career. It involves protecting a history greater then I for the future generations. The ProRanger program gives me a chance to give back the place I love and call home in an amazing way.

                This summer I will be at the Chesapeake & Ohio Canal National Historic Park. My park is 184.5 miles of canal along the Potomac River. It stretches through three places from DC to West Virginia. I am looking forward to learning everything there is to learn about the park and its surrounding history. I plan to become a sponge and soak up as much as I can during this internship. C&O seems like a great place and I can’t wait to spend my summer internship there!

               

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the pointer Dan. I appreciate the feedback. I used to be trying for a certain thoughts that fit the subject matter. I believe that the effect was achieved, your own comment confirms it.
    shmoogle

    ReplyDelete