Friday, May 31, 2019

Cultural with a Twist

          My second week has arrived and it was well spent learning the importance of the division of Cultural Resources. Join me on my experience.
   This is the library and it holds a lot of valuable and important information.
Cultural Resource has stored over time some ancient look but can’t touch information[1] . This was my first week being away from the Law Enforcement Division. Some of you may ask: “Destiny'' What is that?”
Well it’s a department that deals with all the artifacts and behind the scenes of the park. In this division the first day I was able to go through documents dated all the way back to the 1770s and present years. While doing that I put in order the dates that were missing based on the dates on the file given. When film is being stored, any colored motion picture or valuable film has to put in a below zero freezer to maintain how it was first seen from years before. The following days I did the same thing with putting in order the dates but instead of documents, I was handling historical items. Then for two days I was given the opportunity to do inventory check in two buildings “The Todd House” and “The Bishop House” they both had distinct items with numbers written on them to identify what they were.
As you can see, the first picture is the Cultural Resources library, but it’s not just any library. Inside, the division stores items from the 17th and 18th Century.” I was able to handle at some cool things and that was amazing. There were artifacts and other items that I was able to see and handle, it was pretty amazing to experience that.
                                                               
                                                                    Bishop White House"



 

No comments:

Post a Comment