Thursday, May 30, 2019

A city girl meets City Park

       
         Some may say get out of your comfort zone and try a park that is not in the city. Try a park that is way up in the mountains or based off of a river. I wanted to be in an environment that is the city but a different city from my fast pace life growing up in New York. Philadelphia definitely is a different city; it may be fast pace but it’s a lot slower than New York. Now that my first week is done and I’m approaching my second week, keep reading to find out if the city girl’s decision to stay in a city was the right one.
         Approaching the park, I thought to myself this park is huge and might be overwhelming in some trying to learn how it was developed and operates to this day. Yes, Independence National Historical Park is a busy park. From the history to the untold stories, I have definitely been slightly overwhelmed all for the greater good. I’ve learned about people I never even knew existed, such as Edger Allen Poe, he was a famous poet that lived in Philadelphia briefly and was famous for a few poems called “The Raven” and more; that would later be known all over the world. Poe even married his cousin; Yes his cousin. However, Poe was very talented and I couldn’t believe I never heard of him. I have an awesome supervisor who has also brought to my attention that the Declaration of Independence was signed in 1776, and the basketball team well known as the 76ers was names based off of that historical fact.
           I can ramble on and on about the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall being a great place to visit but I'm won’t. I do like being in a city park, its way cooler than I thought. It may not have the river or mountains but it’s definitely a sight to “see from the tons of people who seem really amazed by the park, to the rangers who guide them in the right direction and loving the atmosphere. To think it’s only been a week, A WEEK! This should be pretty great.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment