Thursday, July 18, 2019

Site Visit

Site Visit!

Hello ProRangers and Park People!

          This week my program directors, Ranger Fernandez and Dr. McGarvey travelled to Pictured Rocks for a site visit. It was their first time at PIRO, so we spent a whole day exploring the park. The best way to see the cliffs is by water and what better way than on the Arrowhead. We spent the morning driving up under the waterfalls and along the cliffs. With the sun shining and the calm waters, I think we captured the beauty of PIRO. 

Prepping the boat for our morning tour

Ranger Tuuri and I putting the hazard buoy out in the marina
          After a solid BBQ lunch with Ranger Turri and Chief Hughes, I started them on a parks highlight tour! We explored the Miner’s Castle overlook, to Au Sable Light, to the superior overlook all the way down to Grand Marais. We weren’t able to see everything in the park, but that just means they will have to come back!

I was super excited to show them Au Sable Light and give them the VIP tour
          The next day, Ranger Fernandez and Dr. McGarvey met with the wonderful LE staff including Superintendant Horne, Chief Hughes, and Rangers Paupore and Turri. I truly admire and am very thankful for the rangers here that have gone out of their way to help me succeed. So to be able to introduce them to the ProRanger Staff was a lot of fun. 

Ranger Fernandez, Chief Hughes, Ranger Tuuri, and Ranger Paupore receiving the official 2019 Participating Parks award 
          Before we parted ways, I took them to the beach. You can’t come to the UP and not dip your toes into Lake Superior. I sent them on their way home to Philly with a refreshed love for the waters in the Virgin Islands!







No comments:

Post a Comment