Monday, October 3, 2011

Empire Strikes Back

Empire Strikes Back… And of course I’m not talking about Star Wars. On Sunday October 2, 2011, Valley Forge hosted an event that recognized a British raid that took place at the site in 1777. The event was organized and executed by a senior at Wissahickon High School as part of a senior graduation project. All reenactors showed great dedication and fidelity as they played out their roles.

As for my volunteering, I’ve been hiking the many trails at Valley Forge. It has been about a week since I began and I still feel like I have only scratched the surface. The Chief was gracious enough to take time out of his busy schedule to take me on a very long bike ride that seemed to have covered every square inch of the park. Needless to say, I was sore the following day.















No comments:

Post a Comment