Monday, April 16, 2012

A summer at Shenandoah National Park!


Hi! My name is Joanna Velasco. I am a senior at Temple University, 1 month away from receiving my BA in Criminal Justice. I was born and raised in South Philadelphia. I am so excited to be a part of Temple’s ProRanger Program. This experience is an opportunity of a lifetime as well as an awesome career!

This summer I will be in Shenandoah National Park “almost heaven”. My park is home to the world famous Skyline Drive, this is a 105 mile drive through the Blue Ridge Mountains. I am looking forward to the wild life that lives within the park {not the ticks though}. I cannot wait to get the one-on-one experience of working for the National Park Service. I am going to Shenandoah National Park by myself on May 12th; I will be living in housing within the park. I am a city girl so this is going to be challenging but I am 100% positive that I am going to love it and be awesome at it.

I plan on sending, taking, and posting lots and lots of pictures, I am sure everyone at home is going to be jealous.  I will also be keeping all of you updated on everything that I learn and experience throughout the summer. From everything I hear it is absolutely beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment