Thursday, August 3, 2017

Fauna of the C&O Canal

The Chesapeake and Ohio Canal, extending through many different ecosystems, is home to a great variety of animals.  Here are some that I was able to snap pictures of.

This is a spider

Newborn white tail deer faun

Older than newborn faun

Same buck still in velvet

White tail deer Buck in velvet



Black Rat Snake

Groundhog

Groundhog on a pedestal 
Groundhogs are rad

Cardinal

Black Vulture


Canada Goose


Beats me but it looks cool

Some kind of turtle


Black Widow found in my car

Stink bug in my lamp


Grasshopper 

Tiny frog of some kind

I think this is some kind of beetle

Butterfly, possibly a Black Swallowtail 

Hard to see but right next to the stick is a crayfish

I don't know what this thing is

Spider in a cave but not a cave spider 

Salamander, potentially a newt like the red eft
Possibly a Yellow Banded Millipede


I don't know what kind of spider this is but it was really fast


No comments:

Post a Comment